Wish I could take credit for this but I read about this Idea in Timothy Ferriss’s book The 4-Hour Workweek. I’m not sure I understand how one defines scary however comfort zone is a bit more manageable. Maybe a few ideas:
- Browse a magazine that would never appeal to you
- For one week take a different route other than normal where ever you go.
- Go to tavern where they do Karaoke or maybe line dancing
- Dust off that high school instrument in the closet and go take a lesson
- Take an introductory flying lesson
- Skip the sports section and read the food section
- Sign up as a mentor at a local school
- Call the local police department and sign up for their ride along program
- Call someone a person that you dislike and ask them to lunch
- Take a class in Public s Speaking or maybe join Toastmasters
This is my short list/ any ideas / any feed back for one having tried one or more ?